October 25, 2007

From the mouths of babes.......

My family really got a dose of wisdom from Kelby (my 13 year old nephew) yesterday. His exact phrase: THIS JUST SUCKS!!!! And you know what? He is exactly right!!!

Our family is currently holding a beside vigil for one my aunts. My mom's sister, Patti, is currently in the hospital and not expected to live much longer. She is only 50 years old but has been struggling with Lupus and liver failure for several years and has finally fought all she can. She was admitted to the hospital on Sunday and has been going downhill every since. We are now to the point where we are talking about hours and not days. This is especially taxing because it feels like we just buried my grandfather yesterday even though it was actually 4 months ago. The only good thing we can say about that is that we are glad grandpa is not here to see his daughter struggling for each breath. Instead Patti's parents are both waiting for her to welcome her into heaven and "show her the ropes".

So here we sit reliving memories, talking with each other, and just waiting for that moment that is inevitable.

Please keep up in your prayers today because we really need all the strength we can get.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

You and your family are in my prayers and if you need anything please do not hesitate to ask.

Anonymous said...

Many prayers being sent your way. I'm sorry I didn't know of this sooner, I want you to know we are here for you. Anyway I can help ease your sorrow, please tell me what to do.

Love V

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers