October 7, 2007

This and that.........

So this post is going to be just a bit random (surprise, surprise) because I figured there was no reason doing separate posts for each topic. So here goes:

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL A BARGAIN!!!!

Last week while I was in a local Carter's store (love me some Carter's) I spotted this shirt on the $1.99 clearance rack. I thought it was just too cute to pass up and as a matter of fact I bought a second one just like it but in a different color. Well lo and behold yesterday Paul and I were checking a new department store in our town (who's initials are JCP) and as we were browsing through the children's clothes what did my eye see?? Yep, that's right the same exact shirt!!!!!!!!!!!! It was on sale for the bargain(?)price of 2/$20 but $14 if you only bought one. Score one for the bargain hunter (that's me!)!!! As we continued to browse around the department I saw many Carter's items all priced way higher that I had seen them before. So the moral of the story is this: if you have a Carter's store near you check it out before buying Carter's brand clothing anywhere else.


PROOF THAT IT IS NOT JUST ME!!!!!
Last week while I was at work I received a phone call from Paul at 3am (we both work nights)informing me that there was a new Little People set out. The theme of the set was camping and since we have a travel trailer Paul just knew that Avery needed her own mini camper. So HE bought the set!!! So now not only am I adding to her ever-expanding collection but he is as well.

Baby Shower Madness
Saturday afternoon, I had not 1....not 2.....but 3 baby showers to attend for girls I work with. I guess that's what happens when you work on a maternity floor. The "bug" hits all the nurses too. My mom made the cake for one of the showers (pictured above) and it was not only adorable but also a huge hit with the staff. Thanks Mom!!! Anyway I made it through the first 2 okay but just could not bring myself to attend #3. I knew that there would be several ladies attending that I had not see in a while and I just couldn't go through all the questions about Avery again. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy for all these ladies and don't begrudge anyone having a baby it is just the seemingly endless questions and explanations about OUR process that can get me down. Anyway, I sent a gift and that's what counts, right?

Movin on' to other things..............


*The CCAA has updated their website and the official cut-off is Nov 30th. So when we referrals arrive next month they will definitely be in our month. Cross your fingers for a large batch next time.

*Paul and I will be attending Travel Training hosted by our Agency in November. We figured this was one way to feel like we were doing something toward getting our daughter home.

*I also sat down last night and designed our adoption announcements. The will of course have to be tweaked when we received the actual referral but one less things to be done.

*Kolin's team won their football game Saturday. That is two wins in a row (whoot!whoot!)!!!!!

*Kelby was unable to play in his game last week. He is having some eye issues so please say a little prayer for him.

*Mom and Dad FINALLY have there living room in order. In the last 2 months they have has new carpet installed, purchased new furniture, removed a wood burning stove, and painted. WHEW!!!!!!! I will have to get some pictures up for you to see their creation.

*While I was attending showers on Saturday, Paul picked up his dad and brother and they had a day of "guy bonding". They visited all those "manly" stores like Bass Pro Shop and Cabellas. Anyway I think they all had a great time and loved spending time together.

I think that's all I have for now!!!!!!

Hope you week starts off great!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 showers in one day is too much for anyone.

I spoke with GWCA today....the new person over there told me:

They expect CCAA to complete the first 2 weeks of December - next month. For what it is worth!!!!

Love V

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! You're getting closer!!

Baby showers can be so hard. I no longer feel sorry for myself for having been pruned of my ability to have a baby but it took a good 6 years post failed IVF to get there. But when I attend showers for adoptive moms, well, that is a whole different thing. And those are the BEST kind of showers. PLEASE send me your address so I can get a gift to you when Avery comes home!!!!

When I look at Grace, I thank God that His wisdom is so much better than mine. He gave me everything I asked for when I thought I needed to produce my own. Besides, she is far better than anything I could have EVER produced!

Love, love, love [sung to the tune of Blues Clues Valentines Day song]

Beth

Christie said...

Well, Paul is obviously going to have to join the shopping ranks! I love that he got that set for Avery! How cute is he?

Meanwhile, I can honestly say that I am perfectly content to shop at Carter's...where the bargains are the BEST! (So glad I was on that trip with you!!)

Love you

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers