October 17, 2007

Saturday at Six Flags!!!!

Last Saturday Paul and I had the great pleasure of accompanying Christie and Anton on a day outing to Six Flags. All four of us are roller-coaster enthusiasts. Our grand plan was to open the park at 10am and close it down at 10pm. Well, after all was said and done we all decided that we are officially getting old and that 12 hours at a theme park is just too much (unless, it is a Disney park of course). We wound up arriving shortly after 10am and once we got into the park the lines were not too bad. We wasted no time jumping on the rides.

Paul, Christie, and me on the Texas Tea Cups:
Anton decided to sit this one out and at first I was doing to the spinning and we were all having a great time THEN Paul decided to take Christie and I for a spin and it was totally "no holds barred". Christie and I were screaming and thinking that at some point our cup was going to go air born. We made it off safely but I think we all walked a little crooked for a while.

TITAN: the best coaster in the park.
This picture was taken while we were waiting to unload after riding the Titan. Paul and I kind of snuck our camera on the "on loose articles" ride just so we could capture our faces after riding.

Right next to the Titan is the Sidewinder. I had never ridden this before but Christie informed me it was a total blast......and she was right!!
We decided to ride in separate cars after seeing some of riders appear to get "crushed" by the velocity of the ride throwing you around. I think it was a very good decision on our part. The boys skipped this right but had a great time laughing at us while we were riding.

Could we smile any bigger?
Paul, Robyn, and Anton having a great time!!

Can you see me waving in the red shirt????
Christie captured this picture of me while riding the "Superman Tower of Power".

As we were winding down our day we decided to see the Spongebob Squarepants show
Robyn and Christie stylin' in our 3D glasses.

By this time it was after 5pm. I am not exactly sure how it happened but we all simultaneously decided we had had enough and were done for the day. We casually made our way back to the front of the park but not before a couple of more photo ops

I think by then delirium was kicking in:
Paul was not too overly impressed when I coerced him into putting on the blue furry hat for a photo.

This picture is priceless:
You would think they were some regal couple...but no they are just a couple of crazies trying on hats in a souvenir shop.

And last but certainly not least:

I have got to Six Flag numerous times in my life and I have one tradition. I MUST have a PINK THING when in the park. I am really not even sure what it is but some type of Popsicle/cream bar combination that is so yummy. My dear husband who knows me so well spotted the one place in the park that you can buy these and while Christie and I were shopping surprised me with my treat:
I love the Pink Thing!!!!!!!!!!!!


Overall it was a great day with great friends and even though we did not close the park down we definitely got our fill. We even had time to stop for a great dinner and still be home and in bed by a decent hour.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Y'all are CRAZY!

Stacey said...

Oh My Goodness! It is nice to know that there are other adults like us out there who love the thrill of the ride and being a kid in a park made for fun! I am jealous!!!!

Christie said...

Shoooooot! Total blast girl - you know it! And I love me some Dickies...meanwhile, the B's are trying not to always have something to say about everything. (to each other and others...)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers