October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!!!

To take our minds off the events of the last week Friday evening we went to my cousin Terria's house to carve pumpkins with her and her kids. We had a really good time and it was a great diversion. Terria and I may not be the best pumpkin-carvers but we can certainly make anything fun!!!


Scraping the "guts" out of our pumpkin. The kids did not know what to make of all the gooey mess but it did not take them long to dig in....
" BJ "wanted his picture taken with his pumpkin goo as well

Our finished products:

Mother and son show off their creation!!!
"A" drew the face and then I carved exactly per her instructions.

We took both pumpkins out on the porch and lit them up much to the kids excitement.

Sunday evening I had the pleasure (?) of taking Kelby and 3 of his friends to a local haunted house. Yes, it was me and 4 13years olds!!! That is definitely an adventure in itself. We went through the haunted house with all 4 kids hanging on me in some sort of way, screaming with anticipation of what would jump out at us next. After we all made it out safely it was quite humorous to hear all the kids tell there parents "oh, it wasn't bad, we weren't scared at all!!!" Funny, that is not how I remember it when I was being pulled in 4 different directions. Oh well, it was a great time and I definitely earned some "Cool Aunt Robyn" points!!!

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween. Can't wait until next year when we have our own little goblin to dress up!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

All of these are great...glad you had a good time

Anonymous said...

Hey is that the cousin that lives near me? Why didn't you come by and carve my pumpkin!?

I have been thinking about you - not time to act on it - but thinking of you nonetheless.

Love V

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers