January 23, 2008

Avery's Age..

What's on my mind tonight...........


Let me preface this post by saying that Paul and I both firmly believe that the child that is meant for our family is the one that God (and the CCAA) will place with us.

With that being said.....there has been alot of talk on the web lately regarding the ages of the children that are being referred. Some months we see alot of younger children (as young as 5 months) and some months we see more older children (I am referring to those in the 2-3yr category). I was talking with my friends this past weekend regarding what we hope for, asked for, etc. Paul and I requested a little girl as young as possible. Since neither of us have ever been parents we want to experience every milestone possible with Avery. So to us the younger, the better. When that magical phone call does come if Avery's birthday is anytime in '07 we will be ecstatic, '06 we will celebrate, if for some reason it is '05 or even earlier I am sure we will be a little disappointed at first. Not because of her for any reason but because that means there is even more of her life that we have missed out on, more of her life that she had to spend in an orphanage, and more of her life that she might not have know love.

So yes, we hope she is very young, but regardless of her age she WILL be our daughter and we will have many, many years to experience milestones and watch her grow.

Happy Wednesday!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robyn,

I am proud of your way of putting these thoughts in writing.

Love,
Mom

Christie said...

I know that no matter how old Avery is, she'll be amazing. On the other hand, if she can have a conversation with us, let's ask her what took her so long getting here?

LUV U

Anonymous said...

God designs the family we are meant to be...if you are referred an "older" child, perhaps it is because you, Paul and your immediate family are in a position to offer such an abundance of warmth, love and family to one who had to go without for longer than most that YOU are the family she needs, not just that she is the daughter you desire; I learned something when we hosted the boy from Ukraine, love is love, it doesn't know age, nationality, religion, or language...it just is!

Come what may...it will be wonderful.

Love V

Kelley said...

Oh yes...you are getting close to your referral! I dreamt that we were referred a teenaged boy while we were waiting for Emily! Silly as this sounds to me now, I thought that Emily was going to be younger and felt an initial pang of disappointment when they told me when she was born...she was 9 months old at referral. And, you know that she and her sister are perfectly perfect for our family!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers