January 28, 2008

Let the preparation begin....

This past weekend Paul and I kept busy (trying not to think about referrals). We were pretty successful and actually got quite a bit accomplished. Let me fill you in on the highlights:

I finally got around to snapping a picture of Avery's diaper bag:

I fell in love with this diaper bag when we had a patient deliver at my hospital who also happens to be a coworker (Hi Debra!)She had this diaper bag in her room and it was "love at first site". Of course when I quizzed her on where I could get one she wasn't sure because it was a gift to her. My nosy gene went into full force and I looked inside it for the brand which I then proceeded to google, find on an online shop, decided I couldn't afford it, bid on a new one on Ebay, and wa-la.......I have the diaper bag I want!!!!! It is soooo cute!!!

Next up:
This may look like a plain box of envelopes.....

but NO!!!!! What is actually inside is envelopes that are labeled and addressed with our special return address labels ready for referral announcements

I spent one evening stickering all the envelopes, and then the following afternoon I printed one side of the announcement (the stuff I knew) and now just need to add in Avery's picture and birthday to my template, print the other side and they will be ready to mail. I also ordered the new Chinese New Year stamps to place on these very special announcements.

Saturday afternoon I spent going through my "China Travel" box and sorting through all the goodies I have collected over time. I took all the meds out of the boxes (to conserve room) and filled out luggage tags, checked off packing lists, and last but certainly not least we opened the baby carrier:

Since neither of us have ever used one of these things we were totally lost when out of the box came all these straps and panels. We read the directions and put one of Avery's dolls in to test it out. We soon figured out that the doll was too small so we used the next best thing: ROWDY!!!! He was not very impressed but at least now we know how to use this contraption and know that it can hold a 13 pound dog!!

It is Monday night and so far no sign of referrals. With no rumblings out there I doubt tomorrow will be THE day either, but hopefully by the end of the week our wait will be over.

Keep sending those referral vibes!!!

6 comments:

Christie said...

Love the bag

Love the Envelopes and how prepared you are!

Love the Dog in the Bag!

Love you

cb

Debra said...

Robyn - awesome diaper bag!! I feel so honored because you are such a stylish person. Imagine - me, a trendsetter! Oh, and by the way, those infant carriers are truly rocket science. Good you decided to figure it out now! We are praying for a referral this week.

Love,
Debra

Stacey said...

I am so excited for you and your family! Love the diaper bag and Rowdy could not be any cuter. I am praying the stork heads out soon.
Love, Stacey

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh. Dave practiced walking with the Baby Bjorn with a 10 lb sack of potatoes in it and to be funny, he put on a pink baseball cap--and then actually walked around the neighborhood with it. I wish I had thought to take a picture of it. We took a hip hammock and a baby bjorn to China and liked the hip hammock better, it was more comfortable on our aging backs and Grace actually loved it. She did not like the baby bjorn at all. She could snuggle next to my heart beat and would immediately fall asleep. If you want to borrow mine for your trip, let me know.

Can't wait to see Avery's face!!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I meant to say that Dave put a pink baseball cap on the sack of potatoes, he did not wear one. Ugh. Brain obviously is not working well today.

B

Anonymous said...

I am soooo excited for you!!!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers