January 30, 2008

Hold on tight....it's about to become a very wild ride!!

Well, the rumor mill is out in full force right now. Before I give you the latest scoop let me reiterate that these are the RUMORS that are out there, we have not see an official announcement yet.

Now on to the good stuff:

Supposedly referrals have arrived in Europe. In past trends referrals arrive 1-2 days there before arriving in the states because of distance. What this mean for us...............we could see Avery's face as early as tomorrow!! That's tomorrow people!!!!!!!!!!

For the first time in the last 2+ years I am selfishly unconcerned about the cut-off, I just want to know WHEN!!!!!!!

We did receive an email from our agency this afternoon that said although they did not know when referrals were arriving they wanted to review the referral process with us. So surely they expect them soon if they are putting stuff out there.

I know this post is totally random but so are my head and thoughts right now.

THE PLAN (if the call comes Thursday):
Paul and I are usually on the same schedule (we both work night shift), however I have meetings during the day tomorrow so while he will be sleeping I will be about an hour away from home with my cell phone glued to my chest. We have instructed the agency to call the house first and if there is no answer to call my cell. More than likely the call will come to my cell and I will immediately call Paul's cell to wake him up with the news. We will then begin the calling of all those nearest and dearest to us. I have already warned my manager that if the call comes I am so out of there and will be heading home immediately!!! I am sure I will make a dozen or so calls on my trip home!! Since I will be in meetings and away from the computer I plan to update the blog as soon as possible.

THE PACT:
Paul and I have made an agreement that we will not open the email containing Avery's picture until we are together. Some of my family members don't believe I can stick to this agreement (Hi Mom!!) but I will prove them wrong. If the call comes tomorrow I will jet home, he will be waiting and we will see our baby's face. I am sure the next action will be to hit forward on the email so that everyone can see her picture. Then of course we will be updating the blog so you can see as well.

So that's our plan. You know what they say about "the best laid plans" though!!!

So be sure to check in on us tomorrow. I will update either way!!!

Can someone please pass the Xanax???????

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jet home ?? While talking on the cell phone ?? You are so scaring me. Please please be careful on that ride. Avery needs her Momma in one healthy piece.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

YOu know I am checking this all the time now and Rumor Queen. I am so excited for you that I could pee in my pants...something easy for a pregnant lady! Oh I hope we get to show Avery off this weekend when I see you. On pins and needles...she's coming, she's coming! Love You!!

Jamie

Angela said...

Good luck tomorrow... so happy for you!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Robyn we are so excited for you & Paul!!! Be careful on your way home, can't wait to hear the news & see the picture of Avery.

Love Glenda & Family

Kelley said...

Seriously! I am sooo excited, you might think that I'm getting a referral!

Lots o' love,
Auntie K.

Christie said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

This is killing me...

I can't stand it...

Is it finally happening my friend...

Is it?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Anonymous said...

I talked to K-- I am going to drop off the gift at her house tomorrow since I will be running an errand up there tomorrow. She said she will get it to you which is probably much faster than if I mailed it since I can't seem to get to a post office.

This is so exciting!

Beth

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers