January 17, 2008

Busy, busy.....

I have been busily working on my list of things to do before referral and have made quite a dent in it.

Here is a copy of my list from last week:

"Things to do before referral"
1. Fine tune the referral announcements so that all I have to do is add in Avery's picture, birthday, and province

2. Print out photos for her care package photo album - DONE!!

3. Gather things for care package so that it can mailed ASAP - DONE!!

4. Update and print address labels for referral announcements - DONE!!

5. Design the t-shirts that Paul, Mom, Kathy, and I will be wearing to China.
(yes, we want everyone we see to know where we are going and why!!) I haven't exactly finished the design but I did order the plain shirts and will finish the designs when I have a better idea of the exact color of the shirts

6. Review and merge all the packing lists that I have gathered from other's that have traveled before us. DONE!!

In addition to all this I have also made my grocery shopping list for my MIL to use to restock us when we come home and am planning to go to the bank today to start gathering my crisp, new $100 bills.

You would think we were planning on leaving soon instead of having a couple more months. I was thinking today that approximately 90 days from now this should all be behind us......the wait, the meeting, the trip, and we will be happily settling down as a family of 3!!! Can you believe we are finally this close??

Happy Thursday!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can feel your enthusiasm; and I'm so happy you are finally able to enjloy this woonderful journey you and Paul have embarked on.

Love V

Jodi said...

YEAH!!!!! You are so organized!! So excited for y'all!

Thuy (twee) said...

I'm so excited for you both! I hope to meet you in China. I check you're blog often, and enjoy reading it. We share the same log in date. I can't believe were about to meet our daughters in just a few months. Its finally here. I wish I was more prepared like you but I'm not. I have started to gather items I need for the trip, bottles, medicine, bibsters stuff like that. I was hoping to get my announcement labels finished but I haven't done that yet, maybe this weekend.
Have a good weekend,
Thuy (twee)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers