June 1, 2008

Long over due.......

I know I have been way behind in my blogging lately. Who would have know that a little 19lb 13month old could take so much time and energy. I always wondered why other bloggers slowed down after their kids came know. Now I know.....boy do I know!! Anyway, we have been running around like crazy the last couple of weeks so I thought I would catch you up with pictures (after all that's why you visit, right?)

Paul and I couldn't resist and we purchased the Wii Fit. No, we don't expect it to be a full work-out regime but it sure is fun!! I know the casual observer would think we were totally nuts with some of the position and movements we have to make to play this thing.
Yeah!!!! We got it!! If you are a Wii fan you must purchase this game!!!

Here I am executing my ski jump!

Paul trying to work out the abs!!

Last Wednesday we journeyed back to the airport to Welcome Home Quint. Quint is the posse's third baby to come home in just 8 weeks!! I am so happy for my friends whose dreams of motherhood finally came true!

Anton, Christie, and Quint along with Anton's parents at the airport.

We continued the tradition of heading out to the local burger joint for some good ole American burger and fries after leaving the airport.

My two peas in a pod!!!!

Last weekend we had Avery in the pool for the very first time. She is totally a waterbaby!!! She loves her ladybug float and splashes away!! We wound up being in the pool both Sat and Sun last weekend and both days again this weekend. I see alot of pool time being logged this summer!!

Bring on the water!!!

So far Avery has 6 swimsuits. I am sure they will all be getting good use!!

Last weekend we also attended a birthday party for my cousin's son at the local fire station.
Her head is just not quite ready for the fireman's hat!!

This little tshirt reads "My Daddy Rocks!!" and Avery is just too cute wearing it!

Last weekend we also had a playdate with Valerie's two adorable kids.

K-man, Aburiana, and Avery: this is definitely triple trouble!!

In the meantime Avery and I also attended Mollianne and Emily's pre-school graduation. It was too cute. The girls are growing up so fast!!

Emily, Avery, Mollianne, and Mia. It was getting close to Avery's bedtime so she was not in the mood for pictures.

Cheesing for the camera!!

That catches us up through this weekend when we had a family reunion, celebrated mom's birthday and mom and dad's anniversary and of course more pool time. I will try to get up pictures of that early this week!!


Tomorrow is the day: I am returning to work!! I have treasured my time home with Avery but part of me is ready to get back. Ready to get into a "normal" routine.....whatever that is!! The funny this is at work I am confident, I am in control, rarely do I feel overwhelmed, and I feel like I know what I am doing.....totally opposite of this whole parenting thing. So now we entering a new chapter, so wish us luck!!

Our little pooped out girl after we had a day of fun!!!!! I could look at this face all day long.

Thanks for checking in!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I loved all of these. It would be so fun to live near all of you..YOu guys are great!

JoAnn in NJ said...

Great photos!
Congrats for going back to work...it's challenging after the little one is home - I was very torn.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great first day of work!

~M

Kim said...

Looks like you had sooo much fun last week...LOVE the pictures..

Christie said...

OMG! These pictures are great! You go on with your bad self all that Wii Fit - and thanks for the SHOUT OUT about our trip to Africa! You're the bomb!!

Love ya,
C

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers