April 5, 2006

90 down.....10 to go

I have been collecting quilt squares for Avery's 100 Good Wishes Quilt since December. Instead of Christmas cards this years I sent letters to all our friends and family informing them of our plans to adopt and inviting them to participate in our quilt. I also joined two quilt square exchanges with other adoptive parents.

I am proud to announce that our friends, family, coworkers, and the other "exchangers" have come through with flying colors. We now have 90 squares!!!

I spent some time this evening washing, ironing, and cutting the squares to a unilateral measurement. I never dreamed I had so many.

I recently sent out a "last call" to our family and friends who keep telling us they want to participate but haven't done so yet. I have no doubt we will exceed the 100 square mark.

To all of those who have sent in their square THANK YOU!!!! To those that have yet to do it but want to contribute May 1 is the deadline.

I am looking forward to letting my creative juices flow as my mom and I create a unique pattern for Avery's quilt. Special thanks also goes out to Paul's grandmother who will be doing the actual quilting for us.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers