April 26, 2006

Dinner, the saw, camping, and I've been tagged...

I know I have behind in my blogging duties so this might be a long one...

Saturday night Paul and I went to dinner with other families using GWCA. We had a great time and met some wonderful people. I think we were the "senior" LID there so we felt really smart because we were able to answer alot of questions. We are planning to have these dinners every couple of months so it will be exciting to see everyone hit the various stages of the process. Erin did a phenomenal job of organizing this dinner and once again we had the pleasure of seeing Kelley with her two darling China girls. She and Erin have been so helpful to us in this adoption process and just seeing their girls keeps us focused on the reward at the end of the journey.

I have had several comments on my post regarding our workday on Avery's room and my use of the portable saw. I just want ya'll to know that I love using that saw so if you need anything cut I am your girl!!

As I mentioned in a previous post Paul and I are going camping this weekend. We will head out this morning and come back home Sunday night. We will be camping with Paul's parents, grandparents, and aunt&uncle. It should be a nice relaxing time. We will also be attending a family reunion on Saturday so this will give us the opportunity to see alot of family we have not seen since we started this adoption process. I guess we will spend all day talking about "our girl" and explaining the journey.

Just so you know, I use the term "camping" very loosely. Those who know me know I am not exactly the outdoorsy type. We will be staying in our travel trailer that has all the conviences of home: queen size bed, tv, dvd/vcr, microwave, etc. I do consider it "roughing it" simply because we will not being taking the satellite this time. We will have to make due with the channels we get on the antenna (oh the sacrifices!)

Camping with the family is usually a fun experience. We all have our own trailers and set up four in a row. We get together for dinner and games every evening and kind of do our own thing during the day. I plan on scrapbooking, reading, and just "chillin out". I will probably be absent from the blogging world for a few days but don't worry I will be back!!

Last and certainly not least, I have been tagged. Many of you have either seen this or been tagged yourselves. I am supposed to list 6 weird things about myself so here goes:

1. When I lay down to go to sleep I have to check my alarm a minimum of 5 times. I don't know why I just keep pressing the button to make sure the time is correct.

2. I can imitate the noise of the "spit sucker" they use at the dentist office. You know that thing they put in your mouth to keep all the saliva out while they are working on you.

3. I have to have something to drink while I am eating. If we are eating out and my glass is empty I cannot continue to eat until my glass is refilled.

4. The Christmas presents under my tree have to be wrapped in coordinating paper, ribbons, and tags.

5. I plan our trips to Disney down to the last detail. I even go so far as to plan which direction we will turn after entering parks and what rides to go on in what order.

6. I have to sleep on the left side of the bed on my stomach. I cannot get comfortably any other way.

Well, there you have it 6 weird things about me. I am sure there are many more but this is all I can come up with now.

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers