April 21, 2006

Avery's Room

We are still a work in progress....we need to add the butterflies, dragonflies, and ladybugs to the walls, but this will give you a general idea of how her room is going to look:

We still have to add the flower border to the bottom of this wall.


Avery's bedding is all being made by my mom (love ya mom!!). She finished the comforter but needed to measure the crib for the bedskirt, etc. The bed converts to a toddler then one piece is used as a full-size headboard later. The crib was a very generous generous gift from Paul's grandparents. Thank you Grammy and Daddy Sonny!!


This is a dresser that my parents purchased for Avery unfinished, my mom painted it and then my mother-in-law and I stenciled it. It was our first attempt at stenciling and sure was fun. We still have to add the knobs and may do some sponge butterflies on it.



This toy chest belonged to Paul when he was a boy. We are going to stencil some on it too!! The cradle was made by my great-great-great grandfather,has been used for several generations and was given to me when I was born. I remember playing alot with my dolls in that cradle. The blanket that is in the cradle was made for me by my maternal grandmother who passed away two years ago. She was an excellent seamstress and I treasure this heirloom.



Avery has her very own bookshelf hanging from the wall. We tried to make it height appropriate so she can pick and choose as she wants. Maybe she will inherit my love of reading.



I made these letters after I saw some similiar in the Company Kids catalog. I am too cheap to pay $10 a letter so I just made my own.

As you can see everything in her room has been hand-picked and holds special meaning whether it is old or new. As we complete the finishing touches in the next few weeks I will be sure to add more pictures.

I am off to have lunch with some amazing new friends.....

4 comments:

Kelley said...

What a beautiful and magical room. I came right home after lunch to check out the photos. Well...first I had to change a diaper, put Mia down for a nap and set Emily up with crayons...then, I checked out the photos! There is so much love in Avery's room!

Erin said...

These are GORGEOUS pictures! What a wonderful room you have made for Miss Avery. It was so wonderful seeing you again today and thank you for the gifts! You are just the sweetest person. Hugs!!!! E

Valerie said...

Robyn, the room is AMAZING!!! What a lucky and blessed little girl Avery is. It was great to see you at lunch today, thank you for the goodies, you are too too much!

I look forward to the next time we can all get together.

Valerie

Jamie said...

Avery's room is "Da Bomb"...so when you are finished up over there, you can come decorate my daughter's room! No seriously, the stencils on the dresser are so wonderful! It was so great to meet you and than you for the great goodies! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers