April 10, 2006

Painting, a Motorcycle, a Car Show, and Sunburns

Another fun-filled weekend in Texas.

Friday I spent the day painting Avery's closet. I forgot to mention earlier that before I could paint it, I had to "unload" it. Since we started the adoption process we have accumulated an unreal amount of clothes, toys, accessories, etc...that we have been storing in this closet. I can't even imagine how much stuff we will have we she actually comes home. At one point Paul came in the room, looked at everything I had stacked to one side and asked "Did all that really come out of the closet" I assured him that it had and we were together when most of it was purchased. Not to mention the things we have received from family and friends. You don't have to have a crystal ball to know this will be one very spoiled little girl!!

Saturday we spent at my nephew's basketball game, lunching with my mother in-law, and putting the finishing touches on the closet (baseboards, door, etc). Later in the evening I went up to my parent's house and spent some time visiting with them. My parents were watching my nephews for the evening and after a trip to Wal-Mart with papaw, K#2 (he doesn't want me to use him name)came back to the house with a razor motorcycle. It is a battery operated motorcycle that goes up to 15 miles per hour. Guess who was nominated to put it together? That's right, me. I love doing that kind of stuff and am pretty handy with a hammer and screwdriver. It was dark by the time we got it put together but that did not stop the boys from testing it out. There we were, standing in the driveway with a spotlight aimed at the yard, while they took turns riding. Country livin' at it's best!!!

Sunday we volunteered to work at a car show being held as a fundraiser for Morgan's (our best friend's daughter)cheerleading team. Her team competed in February and earned a bid to the "Final Destination" competition to be held in Baltimore next month. They have done several fundraisers to earn money for the trip. Today's fundraiser was a car, truck, and motorcycle show. I had never been to one of these before and I learned that people put a lot of time and money into these cars (old and new) just to take them all over the country showing them off. It was a beautiful day in Texas with the sun shining brightly. Brightly enough that after spending all day outside we are sporting some pretty good sunburns. I guess we just got an early start on our summer tans.

I have included a picture of the team performing one of their stunts. You will have to excuse the adults standing around them acting as "spotters". The girls usually perform on spring-loaded floors and the fact that we had them performing the stunts on concrete, 4 weeks before this major competition, made everyone a little nervous.



Hope everyone had a great weekend. I will post a couple of times during the week and then next weekend is the beginning of the great "room makeover". Send all your creative vibes this way!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Sending those vibes! Can't wait to see the pictures. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers