July 23, 2006

Another Action-Packed Weekend!!!

Grab a chair and settle in, it's going to be a long one.........

Let me tell you about my action-packed birthday weekend. We have been going non-stop until today so I will just break it down by day for you. It started with our first day off which was Thursday and continued until today!!!


THURSDAY-We had dinner with my cousin and her family at Carraba's Italian Grill. I had never been there before so they thought it would be something fun and different to do to celebrate. Paul had a monstorous bowl of spaghetti and meatballs and I had chicken, spinach, and cheese ravioli. Both were delicious!!!!



Paul with his enormous bowl of spaghetti. The picture does not do it justice.

Prior to meeting Terria and her family, Paul and I went to a scrapbook store that I had heard about from co-workers. It was the most fabulous scrapbooking store I have ever been to. They have so much to choose from and so many great ideas. I will definitely be shopping there more in the future!!

FRIDAY-We had our monthly Mommies Who Lunch. I just love this group of women and always have so much fun with them. We had two new inductees this month, Christie and Vickie. I hope they were not overwhelmed with all the craziness that goes on, but I think they fit right in with the rest of us!! Valerie and Shelli both gave me birthday presents that were outfits for Avery. They are adorable. She is going to be the best dressed girl around!!

Here's the crew!!! (minus Jamie who had leave early to go pick up her son)


I just had to post this picture because I thought it was so cute. While the adults were dining on spinach quiche, salad, and other goodies. L had her own special lunch: Sushi and Diet Coke. How cute is that????


Every time I got my camera out today, Mia would come up to me and say CHEESE!!

FYI to my Mommies who Lunch: no freebies were given!

After lunch and visiting with all the gals I came home to get ready for the Faith Hill and Tim McGraw concert I had posted about earlier. Paul and I met up with my parents and then we all went to dinner and then rode a train-type thing to the concert arena. The concert was AWESOME we had such a good time. There were no opening acts, just Faith and Tim the whole time. They put on a very good show and we had GREAT seats!!!

My mom and dad riding the DART rail to the concert venue.


Both of these pictures were taken from our AWESOME seats (with just a little zoom)!!

Thank you soooo much mom and dad for a wonderful evening and an awesome birthday present.


SATURDAY-After a late night Friday we slept in on Saturday and then I spent the morning running errands and catching up on household chores. My mom and I spent the afternoon floating in the pool and then I spent the evening scrapbooking. Overall it was a relaxing day!!

Avery now has her own grow-stick at my mom's house. For each of her grandchildren mom has painted a stick and nailed it to the wall and every birthday they come and get measured. Kelby and Kolin just love comparing how much they have grown over the years. A couple of weeks ago mom added another stick to the wall for Avery. When we (finally) get her referral mom will add all the vital stats.

The sticks go from floor to ceiling.


Avery is on the "wall of honor".

SUNDAY-Today is my actual birthday but it seems as if I have been celebrating all week long. Today was another relaxing day with scrapbooking (I am really trying to get them all caught up), floating in the pool and then a birthday dinner at my mom and dad's.

I had told Paul not to get me anything for my birthday but (as usual) he did not listen. In addition to getting me a great pair of shoes that I have been eyeing for months he was able to find my favorite pool float. I am addicted to a particular kind of float. I don't know why but I just love these: they are thin (so you can feel the water), wide (so you can turn without falling off), and easy to carry. I had a couple left over from last summer so when all the pool stuff came out this year I did not buy any more. Needless to say my leftovers have already become "casualties" of summer and I have been looking everywhere to replace them. For the last 3 weeks every store I have gone in I have scoured the aisles looking for my float to no avail. Well, my wonderful husband was able to locate them and he purchased 3!! As he put it "one in every color". I couldn't wait to blow it up, grab my book and spend a couple of hours in total bliss. It's the little things in life!!

My favorite float!!!

That's all I got.......tomorrow it's back to work.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Elle said...

Happy Birthday Robyn! You did have an action-packed weekend. Atleast you were able to fit some relaxation time in!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, my friend! I'm so sorry about the no freebies. Maybe next time. :-) Love the pictures!

Kelley said...

It took me a second to figure out "no freebie" but when it finally came to me, I had a good laugh!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers