July 16, 2006

Lovin' Lake Life....

Yesterday we came home after spending 4 days of relaxation at the lake. We had a wonderful time and got some rest. No, it wasn't an action-packed, every scheduled minute vacation like we are used to but it was a WONDERFUL change of pace and we can't wait to go again. We camped along side Paul's parents and grandparents and spent a great deal of time playing on the lake, eating good food, and enjoying each other. My parents came out with my nephews and spent an afternoon, so we were immersed in family all week. Here are some of the pictures we took. Some of the water ones did not turn out great because I was using one of those disposable water-proof cameras, but I think you can get the idea.


This is my view for the week. I would get up and go outside and sit in a chair under the shade and read a good book. I was a great and relaxing way to start each day and a couple of days I spent over 4 hours in this same spot.


Paul's mom, Sandra, giving me a pedicure lake-side.


This is our home-away-from-home. We have a queen size bed on one end (that completely shuts off as a bedroom), living area, dining, and kitchen in the middle, and bathroom and bunk beds on the other end. Yes, we have lights hung up outside and the whole nine yards. I think the only "roughing it" we did was that we did not have internet access and we did not put out the sattelite so we only picked up CBS and NBC. Oh the hardships!!


Paul's dad, Cliff, manning the ice cream maker. My mom gave us a fabulous recipe for orange sherbert that we made one night. It was wonderful!


Make yourself at home Rowdy!!!! Rowdy enjoyed being spoiled all week long. He loves camping. Don't worry all you germaphobes we sanitized the table before we ate on it.


My mom riding the jet skis. This was her first time on one and she really enjoyed it!!


Paul, Kelby, and Kolin (our nephews) went for a couple of wild rides.


Paul, Sandra, and Cliff "babysitting" in the water. Who else do you know that brings a boogie board for their dog????


This is BIG BERTHA!! That's the name of the tube, not the riders. She was the source of several laughs, wild rides, and lots of fun. Me, Paul, my nephews, my mom, and even Paul's grandparents took her for a spin.

Stay tuned for those pictures.....

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers