February 21, 2008

It's the going to sleep that gets to you......

Every since we recieved our referral sleep has been an issue for me. The moment I lay down my mind starts racing........

when can we go get our daughter?
is everything going to come together as planned?
is she warm enough?
did anyone hold her today?
does she have any idea how her life is about to change?
do WE have any idea how our lives are about to change?
will we make good parents?

These questions and many more plague me everytime I try to fall asleep. Sure we had those questions before, sure we said our prayers for her before but now.......NOW......when we say those things, think those those things, there is a face. A face that is engrained in my mind, a face that I have stared at so many times in the last 17 days that I should have every speck memorized. The face of my daughter, my dream come true.

Hold on baby girl, your mommy and daddy are coming, we think of you every minute of the day, and will get to you as fast as we possibly can!!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

And it never gets any easier. Just wait. In about a month, you will be laying your head down to sleep wondering is she warm enough, is she still breathing, is she having sweet dreams, will she wake up if I just go in and stare at her for a few hours? THAT'S when your life truly begins.

Girl, you are going to China.....and bringing home my little niecie, Avery! Love you!

Leanne said...

Hello I Was Just Passing. And I Just wanted To Say Hi. You Baby Is So Cute :D:D
Ill Be Back Soon.
Keep Blogging.
Love Leanne
x

Anonymous said...

I knew the post referral waiting would be harder. Seeing is believing and I hope you push aside the thoughts that are keeping you up and focus on all the sweet times that lay ahead for your family. She is safe in God's hands until you are united.

Won't be long now Mama.

Love V

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely confident that Avery is the luckiest baby anywhere in the world, you are both awesome loving people and will be incredible parents. Besides she'll have the greatest Great Aunt ever and a so-so Grandma. (ha ha)

Love ya both,
Aunt Kathy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers