February 3, 2008

The stage is set!!!!


Alright people, bring on our referral!!! I cleared the table tonight and have my handy dandy "The Call" sheet, a map of China (so I can see exactly where Avery is), 2 brand new pens, and my laptop to get my first glimpse of my baby ready to go. We also set up to tripod and are currently charging the video camera. I even have a new blog header made that will be posted after I add Avery's picture. All we need now is the phone to ring!!! I am about to retire for the evening and let's all say a little prayer that this is the last night we go to sleep without having seen Avery's face.

Paul and I did an excellent job of keeping busy this weekend. Besides sleep, we have been home about 4 hours since Saturday morning. Nothing makes the time fly faster that being out and about.

Now on to a totally different topic:


DID YOU WATCH THE SUPERBOWL??? Now that, my friends, was a football game. Such a high adrenaline ending. We spent the evening with our dear friends, Valerie & Gary, and Christie & Anton. Valerie was such a good sport to host even though she detests football. We kind of conned her into it because she has the cool media room. We laughed a ton, ate too much, and now have sore throats from yelling too loud. I think it was about 15 minutes increments that either Val or Christie would look at me and say "you're getting your referral tomorrow" with little grins on their faces. It is wonderful to have such a good support system. Thanks for such a fun evening guys!!!!

Now I am off to bed.......I think I feel those labor pains starting!!!!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I had to come and check on you first thing this morning as I am getting James off to school. He is excited to see little Avery and wants to know if she will be Miah's sister. To cute for sure, I explained that in away she would have a special connection to her as they are both very special little girls from China. Any way I am very excited for you as well and will be watching this computer for your good news. Have one of the BEST DAYS of your life today Avery's mommy! Stacey

Anonymous said...

OMG!!

Today IS the big day!

I can't even imagine how thrilled you are to FINALLY see your baby girl's face for the first time.

I'll keep checking in.

Unknown said...

so glad I have bloglines so I wont be clicking on your blog all day..Im so excited for you!!!!

Jamie said...

I am waiting! Waiting at work...looking as much as possible. I know you said it will probably be after 1pm. Waiting!

Valerie said...

Here is the stage at my house.

Fax disconnected so as not to come on when I scream on the phone. CHECK

Your blog up and running all day to view updates as they happen.
CHECK

Tissues nearby, as I am so happy for you and Paul to be realizing your long time dream of becoming parents, and knowing how very, very LUCKY Avery is to have you both.

Love V

Kelley said...

I'm all ready too! I've got my cell phone in my pocket along with a wad of tissues!

Come on phone...RING already!

Love you tons!
K

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers