February 19, 2008

Weekend Recap....

I meant to post several times this weekend but never got around to it so I will just give you a brief recap of our weekend:

Friday - I attended a charity luncheon with some dear friends. It was a wonderful lunch and then the girls surprised me with gifts for Avery!! She received some adorable clothes and some wonderful toys. Thanks girls!! I spent the rest of the afternoon running errands and then concluded my day with an M3 gathering at Kelley's. I was surprised to find that while I thought we were having a regular "girls night" the girls had other plans. I had my own personal M3 shower with just the 5 of us!! We had a wonderful Asian dinner, some fabulous desserts, and even a personalized button to wear that said "I'm a Mom!!" I am so lucky to have such great friends in my life!! Now for the pictures:

Welcome to Avery Lane!!!

My "Chair of Honor"


The best friends a girl can have!!!

Avery's Fabulous gift!!

True to form we talked, laughed, and hung out until the wee hours of the morning. I don't think I wound up getting home until after 2am!!!

Saturday - It rained ALL day long. It was definitely a lazy day around our house. Paul and I just hung out together not doing alot of anything. We watched some TV, took afternoon naps, played with Rowdy, and just enjoyed our time together.

After watching the Dog Whisperer, Paul decided to try a little experiment and see if Rowdy would walk on the treadmill. Suprisingly enough he actually seemed to enjoy it after he figured it out!! Yep, that's how we spend rainy Saturdays!!

Sunday - was another busy day for us. I attended a baby shower and a birthday party. We also started gathering our paperwork that we needed to take to China. We are submitting our Visa applications this week so that when it's time to make our travel plans we are ready!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Now, come on Travel Approval, we are ready to go get our girl!!!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Aww! Loved Friday night - it was a blast!

Did you set up the highchair?!?

OMG - let's get to movin' on this! Time to go get our niece and get her home!

Jeesh...

cb

Kim said...

YEAH!!!
HOW FUN!!!
Love the pictures.. looks like you all had sooo much fun...
Have a Great Week...

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers