June 21, 2007

MAJOR PANIC.......

in our house yesterday. For some unknown reason my laptop crashed and was unable to boot up. This is such a catastrophe because I have everything on this laptop!! After a 1 hour phone conversation with the tech team at Dell (for the bargain price of $39.99 since my warranty expired on June 1st) the were unable to walk me through a fix but promised to send me some recovery disks then we would go from there. The tech guy then proceeded to tell me that they would try everything to recover my files but is was possible that it was all gone.

I took a nap (since I had worked all night) but did not sleep well at all thinking of all my info that was gone and after working on the computer for another hour after I got up I finally recovered the programs. I then proceeded to spend the next 4 hours backing up everything on cd's!! That includes over 4000 (yes, that is 4 THOUSAND) pictures that took 17 disks to save and all my digital scrap stuff. So tragedy fixed and lesson learned. BACK UP EVERYTHING IMMEDIATELY!!!!

I am officially on vacation until the 30th and Paul only has 1 more night to work so expect to see some exciting posts from our trip next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

4K pictures!!!! It's official - you are a photo junkie.

Don't they have external hard drives or something to back up and save your data? I am still getting the hang of typin on my new laptop...type-o are up 40%!

It took us over 2 hours just to hook up a router the other night!

Have a wonderful time on your vacation.

We'll see you when you get back.

Love V

Kelley said...

You need an external hard drive to back up your stuff. Mention it to Chuck this weekend...I'm still waiting for mine, which was supposed to be my Mother's Day present!

K.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers