June 29, 2007

Vacation Recap!! ****Updated with more pics******




Well, we are home!!!! I decided to try and get fancy on you and compose a slide show instead of the usual list of pictures. What do you think?

Of course you know that we started out the week fighting the occasional rain shower and visiting Schlitterbahn Water Park with Kelley and family, and Erin and family. Sadly Kelley, Chuck, Emily, and Mia had to depart Tuesday morning so it was just Paul & I, and Erin, Bob & Mollianne for the rest of the week. Tuesday was a free day and since we did not have any plans Erin wanted to go to the outlet mall "just to visit a couple of stores". Little did she know that this is the mecca of outlet shopping in Texas so visiting "just a couple of stores" turned into a 4 hour shopping excursion. We were able to pick up several cute outfits for Avery (like she needs MORE clothes)and a couple of things for ourselves. Later that evening we returned to our respective hotels to freshen up and the met up again for some great mexican food (the strawberry margaritas weren't too bad either)!

Wednesday we spent the entire day at Sea World, we arrived just a little bit after opening and left at closing. We saw some great shows, rode some rides, and were lucky enough to be with Mollianne as she experienced her first roller-coaster ride. She was so excited that she was tall enough and she rode it 3 times, screaming and smiling every time!! At the end of the day we were all exhausted but euphoric from a great day.

Thursday we planned to go back to Sea World and just visit the water park but the weather had other plans for us. It was pouring rain!!!! Not very conducive weather for a water park so we had to make a quick change up in our plans. We all enjoyed a movie in the comfort of Bob and Erin's suite and then we ventured out for what else, but more shopping!!!! We visited two of the local malls and by late afternoon the rain had subsided. We made our way down to the Alamo (you can't visit San Antonio and not see the Alamo) and then enjoyed another wonderful mexican food dinner on the banks of the Riverwalk. We had outside dining and the food was awesome.

This morning we packed up and headed home! Nothing wears me out more than 5+ hours in the car.

Backtrack: Let me explain one of the pics on the slideshow. We had 2 casualties this trip. #1 was my glasses, and believe me I am blind without my glasses. Anyway, while at the waterpark Chuck and Paul went on a tube ride called the whitewater adventure, they came back telling us how awesome this ride was and that we just had to try it. Kelley and I decided we were up for the challenge so after trekking down and up 4 flights of stairs carrying our tube we were finally ready to go. The first drop was no big deal however the second was a doozy!! I was so proud of myself for staying upright on the tube that I did not even think to secure my glasses. When Kelley made it to the bottom of the drop the first thing I did was yell "I lost my glasses!!" After frantically telling the lifeguard he tried to find them to no avail so with no other choice we continued on the ride. It wasn't too bad when you couldn't see anything coming at you!! When we were done Kelley led me back to the "scene of the crime" and miraculously my glasses had been found. They were a little beat up and bent, but not scratched and definitely wearable!! #2 happened while we were at Sea World, we were all sitting at table cooling off and I had casually laid my camera on the table I did not realize the strap was hanging off the side and when I went to cross my legs, my foot hit the strap and the camera came crashing to the floor. I was horrified, I have a VERY nice camera and in the past have always been super careful handling it. I am so glad to report that the only thing wrong was the lens filter cracked. Considering the damage that could have been done replacing a $9.99 filter is not bad. Thank you so much Chuck for hounding me to get a filter!!

Overall we had a great time with great friends, we made a ton of memories and can't wait to do it again!!!!

3 comments:

Christie said...

Awww shucks - I'm jealous!

But I'm so glad you had such a great time - don't worry - I'll catch the next trip when we all head out for our Disney Cruise.

Woot woot!!

Stacey said...

Glad to see you had such a great time and welcome home.

Anonymous said...

From one Dec 05 LID'r to another, just wanted to say hi! Your trip looked like a blast!! I loved watching the slide show.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers