June 3, 2007

WOW!! What a busy few days.....

I can say one thing for Paul and I: we are not letting any grass grow under our feet while waiting for Avery to come home. The last 4 days have been a whirlwind of activity with family and friends.

The fun started Wednesday night when my mom came over to help me hang my new curtains. In the last 3 months we have purchased new living room furniture, ripped out the carpet and stained the concrete, and basically redecorated the entire room. Of course that included new drapes for the window. I wanted something kind of funky and fresh but also not too "out there". I found some material I fell in love with but had to special order. After 3 delayed shipments it finally came in and my mom and I got to work. We made the cornice board together (once again using our saw skills) and then I padded and covered it while she sewed the actual drapes. I think the end result is awesome and it compliments the room wonderfully.

Tonight I am hanging the last of the pictures and artwork and the room will be officially done!!

Thursday evening Paul, me, Chris, Danette, and the boys all took my parents out to eat to celebrate mom's birthday and mom and dad's anniversary. We had gone together and purchased a couple of Adirondack chairs for their pool area and since we could not carry them to the restaurant we did the next best thing:
Had Kelby and Kolin (and Rowdy) pose in one of the chairs and put the picture in the card.

Friday while I was attending my weekly bible study (which is awesome by the way)Paul was busy with other fun activities. Frequently he and several guys from work go 4-wheelin', we have had so much rain lately that they have been excited to have a mudfest. This particular time one of the guys had an extra 4-wheeler so Paul invited his dad to tag along. I was a little apprehensive because I would feel so guilty if Cliff got hurt. I am wise enough to know that "boys will be boys" and Paul and his entourage don't always go the slow and steady route. The bigger the hills and the deeper the mud puddle the better as far as they are concerned. Well when Paul got home his first words were "Dad Rocks!" He said that every step of the way his dad kept up with the rest of them and had no fear on any of the climbs. Thankfully no one was hurt and now I think his dad had 4-wheelin' fever.
Paul and Cliff take a brake to wipe the mud from their faces!!

Keith, Crystal, and Michael try to decide which trail to tackle next. I think they will all be cleaning up mud for the next six months!!

Friday evening we enjoyed a quiet evening at home to prepare for our early awakening on Saturday.


Saturday we were honored to take place in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. We walked as team members of Barbara's Bosom Buddies. Barbara is Erin's mom and was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. She fought bravely through her treatments and is now cancer free! We had a great time with friends and everyone on our team walked the entire 3 mile course!!!
Our team photo!!

Christie was not able to join us because she is in California for her sister's high school graduation. She was so bummed that the two events were the same weekend, so to show that she was there with us in spirit we all had little pictures of her on our tags during the walk. Be sure to check out her blog (the adoption of Keira Joy) to read what exciting times she is having in California.
Me, Erin, and Kelley showing off our Christie picture before the walk starts.

After the walk we all regrouped at Erin's for lunch. We were joined by Valerie and Gary and had a great time visiting and hanging out. There was however some excitement as soon as we arrived. When Paul and I walked in Erin was frantically waving me over to the sink where Elonda was standing with water running over her hand. Turns out she was helping prepare lunch and sliced her finger with a knife. I put on my nurse's cap and fixed her up. It was a pretty good cut and took us quite a while to curtail the bleeding but I think she is going to live. Needless to say Elonda is now banned from the kitchen.
The aftermath and the culprit!!

When we returned home Saturday afternoon my mom and dad were at the house to pick up their chairs. Nothing says "country living" better than riding in a chair in the back of a truck. Dad rode like this back to their house while mom drove and all we could hear was dad yelling "SLOW DOWN!!"
Are everyone's parents as goofy as mine???


So that's it in a nutshell. Whew!! Now we need to go back to work so we can get some rest.

Hope everyone has a good week! Thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robyn, Paul, Chris, Danette, Kolin, and Kelby,

Your Dad and I really appreciate the chairs. They blend in well with the other deck decor around the pool. I got a mosiac table today for 65% off at the Kohl's sale (yes I taught Robyn how to shop)to set between the chairs. I do expect the M3 posse to come see them soon, and enjoy the pool at the same time. By the way, I am not the goofy one; you do not see me riding in chairs in the truck bed. Love, Mom

Kelley said...

Your mom cracks me up! I can't wait to come up to see the new chairs. Too cute! And, I would agree that Wayne is the goofiest!

Unknown said...

HOly cow..you have been busy..Im glad you posted those pics!

Anonymous said...

You live the life of a strange mix between a soap opera/
cartoon/comedy; but it works and always seems filled with fun and love.

See you Friday!!!

Love V

Christie said...

Ok - just have to say LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of you all at the walk - the group one. And even more, I love the little pictures of me in your tags!!!! Waaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! I hate missing things, and now I have to miss Saturday as well. I am so bummed...totally not happy!

Thanks for "taking me with you" on Barbara's walk - I'm telling you, it was the easiest three miles I've ever walked! But I was truly there in spirit, trust me.

Missed you all,
cb

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers