March 17, 2008

I should be in bed, but.......

Exactly 6 hours from the time I am typing this we are leaving for the airport!!!!! Today has been a whirlwind with tidying up, running errands, second guessing everything I packed, numerous phone calls, dinner with the in-laws, and about 50 other tasks. I was packed 99% of our things Friday and then Saturday we spent the day cleaning. One of my friends asked me yesterday why I had already done all that because now Sunday and Monday would drag by.....well they sure didn't!!!! We still have that surreal feeling but it is going away bit by bit.

Sandra and Cliff came over tonight and treated us to dinner and picked up Rowdy. Yes, he will be spending the next 2+ weeks with Mimi and Poppy. I was sad to tell him good-bye but I know he is in good hands. Boy, is he in for big changes when we come home.


Saying good-bye to our furbaby!!

The car is packed and even though these pictures don't do it just let's just say the back is CRAMMED!!!!
Bad picture because it was dark and the windows are tinted. We were scared to open the hatch because there might be a avalanche!!

Here is the view from the inside of the car:
We are going to make mom sit in the middle of the backseat so she will be holding up that purple bag.....love you mom!!!!

So here we are ready to begin our traveling journey! All the planning, waiting, dreaming, hoping comes down to this.....this moment of getting our daughter.

On another note; yesterday after church the posse all went to a farewell lunch for us. It was so awesome for us all to be together to celebrate this great event.
Our crew: about to be enlarged!!!!

The very best thing about lunch was that when we were hugging everyone good-bye, Mia in her sweet little voice gave us a hug and said "see you at the airport". It just melted our hearts!!!

There are so many people I can thank for all the love, support, and encouragement we have received during this journey that I am afraid I will leave someone out so I simply say:

If you have thought of us, cried with us, prayed for us, talked to us, laughed with us, or simply just followed our blog then we say THANK YOU!!!

They say it takes a village to raise a child....I say it takes a village to go through the adoption process.

Off we go........


Next post from Beijing!!!!!!!!!!!!


6 comments:

Marianne said...

Safe travels and Avery is oh so very close! I would not be able to go to bed either. I can't wait to see pics from China.

Anonymous said...

I got Robyn and the crew to the airport today at 4:00 a.m. All the way there they were planning, gabbing and I don't think they knew where they were until we pulled up to the United gate.

At 10:00 a.m. they called from Chicago they were waiting for the flight to Chins. (3hours) They said everone was coming up to them asking about their Avery shirts. And of couse they were glad to explain where they were headed. Just wanted to keep you update.

Daddy Wayne

Kelley said...

Can't wait to hear from you when you arrive in Beijing! What a great photo of the posse; however, maybe we should have taken it before we chowed down! That table is trashed!

Love you, my friend!

See you at the airport!

Anonymous said...

Just to keep you updated The China group left at 6:55 a.m. this morning under as planned so the weather was not a problem for them. It was good to have the plane leave so early since alot of flights are being cancelled.

I last heard from them at 11:00 when they were in Chicago and on the trasfer to the China Flight. All is going great so please continue to keep them in your prayers.

Daddy Wayne

Anonymous said...

Hello!! We'll be following along...can't wait to see sweet little Avery in your arms! Praying for all of the 12/20ers, that your trips are safe and PERFECT! Blessings. Karin GW LID 1/23/06

Anonymous said...

You have all been on my mind since last night and today; I announced when you were landing in Chicago, then I wondered where over the ocean you were.

I hope the flight was uneventful and you were able to get some sleep.

Love V

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers