March 15, 2008

It still doesn't seem real!!

We are packed, the house is clean, we are going through all the motions. Somehow it still does not seem real!! 4 days from now we will be China!! Since we are leaving so early Tuesday morning and we are about to go to bed tonight technically we only have Sunday and Monday left. That's only 2 days!!!! This time next week we will be arriving Avery's province....there's that surreal feeling again.....and in 8 short days we will be holding our daughter!!!!

In preparation let me show you a couple of things we did today:

My 3 word picture for this week, pretty self-explanatory:


And this is what's in my car right now:
There will actually be a little person riding in this seat very soon!!

And look in my trunk:


As I stated when I started this post, we are going through the motions, we are preparing, now come on Tuesday, hurry up and get here already!!!

8 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I just clicked "next blog" and here I am, viewing your joy and anticipation. Good luck and may God bless you and your new baby.

Unknown said...

Paul & Robyn,
Congratulations on your coming trip! I just happened upon your blog by hitting the "next blog" button on *our* China adoption blog (which has become a "life after China adoption" blog).
I remember well the feelings you express in this post, and I have said a prayer for you, that your trip will be uneventful—you know, except for that ONE event :)

You'll love Guangzhou. Shamian Island is beautiful and quite peaceful.

anyway, if you get time before you leave go to www.juliannascloset.blogspot.com and leave us a comment. And you might want to go to the April 2007 posts to read about our China experience. Of course I know you won't have time for a few weeks.. :)

God Bless You and Avery,
Phil, Sherry and Julianna

Anonymous said...

So very excited for you! Little Miss Avery is, well, just a blessed baby to be born where she was and taken care of in XuZhou and matched perfectly with you.
;-)
Trena
Wei is Waiting for us
in XuZhou...
with Avery
for three more days!!!

Kim said...

I am sooo happy for you both..
Can't wait for Tuesday with you..
Have a Great last couple of days before you become a family of 3 ...

Anonymous said...

You might want to check on the carseat, I think it needs to be rear facing at this point. Congrats on your referral!

Anonymous said...

Depending on Avery's weight, and she looks healthy, will determine whether the car seat will be rear or forward facing. :-)

Pug Mama said...

ahhhhhhhhh, I can't wait till I can say those three words!!!
:0)

Jamie said...

Leaving on a jet plane...I really want to be at the airport to meet her!! Counting down the hours...I think only about 40 hours until you leave :)!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers